Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tis Was A Dark And Stormy Night...


Alright so it wasn't storming last night. There were a few drops of rain but nothing major. My friends and I were at the Good Vibrations Festival. We missed most of the acts since we only reached at almost 8 (it started at 4) and half the time we were there, we were either talking to friends and acquaintances (I actually had a long conversation with a stranger I thought was my friend but nevermind about that) or in queues for beer and the toilet. We realised in the end that if we were to make the trek down to civilisation (it's at Fort Canning Park) and buy the beer from 711, it would have been much faster. and cheaper. Bloody bastards selling Heineken for $8 a can! That's crazy! And that crap about checking bags? If only they would!! cos there were bottles and bottles of liquor going round in plastic cups. We felt quite stupid being such obedient robots.

The main highlight of the fest was of course Jurassic 5 and Beastie Boys. Noone needs to pretend they came to watch someone else. Wow. They.Rock. They both have been in the business for a long long time and they still are so enthusiastic, almost proselytising. I've never been into hip-hop and rap so if they can convert me, they can convert anybody. I was jumping and dancing to all the tunes. But sometimes it's really hard when you're 2 millimeters from someone else's sweat and beer breath. Let's just say that it was not a comfortable evening. I made the mistake of wearing jeans when it's a super hot night with what 10000 people all squashed around everyone else. And everyone was drinking copious amounts of alcohol which then resulted in a minefield of bottles and cans. Some idiots were throwing bottles around as well. Glass bottles. There was this ang moh chick next to me who was dancing like a fucking moron with elbows flying everywhere and god, those talons nails!! I would have tried to elbow her back if not for the fact that I fear for my life—she really does look crazymad. And near the end, some guy climbed the rafters onto and above the stage, I guess to get some attention. It took 2 old but remarkably agile security guys to get him down.

I had such a good time last night despite my being a little enochlophobic. But it must be a sign of my advancing age when I practically dragged my two friends out of there to try and get the first cab out back home when it ended.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Readymade said...

They were checking bags at first, but then probably got slack or something as the evening wore on. Go figure.

Wish Jurassic 5 were on longer. Tech problems suck, but at least they got resolved before the Beastie Boys came on.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home