Friday, January 05, 2007

This Will Be Our Year


Wow. I thought 2006 was pretty good for music but 2007 is gearing up to be a mind-blowing one as well, with releases from The Shins, Of Montreal, CYHSY, Explosions In The Sky, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, Bright Eyes in the first half of the year alone. 2007 is the year for band reunions as well! You get Dinosaur Jr, Roxy Music (with Brian Eno!), even Guns n' Roses (!!)

And there are so many others I'm looking forward to: Andrew Bird, Arcade Fire, Feist, The Go! Team, PJ Harvey, Interpol, The Magnetic Fields, The National, Nine Inch Nails, Postal Service, Radiohead, Shellec, Spoon, Wilco, The Wrens. Wow. Some of the albums have leaked already (not going to tell you which) but I'm going to try and wait for the product that the band wants me to get (and hopefully that means with the jewel case and liner notes, that is, if the bloody stores stock them in a timely manner). It's going to be a very broke year for me I think...

Check out the lists here and here.
What are you looking forward to?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not fade away! Never!
The Stooges are back!
It is a relief that the gods remembered an old geezer like me exist. May the saint bless Johnny Ramone & Joe Strummer rip, may Iggy live forever.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot about the stooges!! "ziggy pop"!! haha
Yes. Great year ahead.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home