Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ed. Note: Travel Update II

Just dropping in with a quick note to say that The National gig was excellent! I loved every minute of it. The Annuals were the opening band and they weren't too bad as well. The Astoria is this extremely dark, no, pitch black, venue and the seats were horribly cramped. But who cares!? I was standing and cheering the whole time The National was playing. At the beginning, Matt Berninger said "I'm not much of a talker" and he was singing half the time with one arm folded under the other but when Mr November comes on, the whole crowd went nuts and that was when the party really started, I think. Matt Berninger jumped right into the mosh pit as he sang "I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders". WOW! Imagine doing that in Singapore. I bet he'd be dragged away by security and slapped with a fine.

I felt really lucky to be on the guestlist and this is one of the few times I really believe in serendipity. I attended the gig with a brother of a friend of a friend, talk about randomness! But it was great nonetheless and a big ass cherry on top of my trip.

I leave for Prague tomorrow. Talk to you guys soon. Take care now! I'll be back and bitching before you know it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home