Friday, October 27, 2006

Soundscape #10: Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day?

Robert Doisneau. Le baiser de l'hôtel de ville, 1950.

Congrats, Michelle and Zoli

There are many many evils that mankind's capable of. We are probably the biggest bane that Earth has ever known, leaving destruction and chaos everywhere but perhaps what has set us apart from mere animals is our potential to do the opposite as well. Funnily enough, with our heightened awareness honed from generations of self-centeredness, or perhaps in spite of it, we still can't see the irony of going out to war against our own kind and going home to our loved ones at the end of the day.

By all logic, man should not have been able to survive for this long but perhaps love, or rather, the notion of love, is the one thing saving us from self-annihilation. Despite all the evils that man does, he is also capable of doing good. I'm not going to expound on the vagaries of love nor its power since I'm neither a cynic nor a poet. But this week's soundscape (tries to) celebrate love and the life together that two individuals have vowed to forever keep.



Track Listing:
1. (0:00) Bright Eyes - First Day Of My Life (Buy I'm Awake It's Morning)
2. (3:02) The Arcade Fire - Crown Of Love (Buy Funeral)
3. (7:41) Saturday Looks Good To Me - Since You Stole My Heart (Buy Every Night)
4. (10:32) Bloc Party - So Here We Are (Buy Silent Alarm)
5. (14:21) Belle & Sebastian - If You Find Yourself Caught In Love (Buy Dear Catastophe Waitress)
6. (18:34) John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman - My One And Only Love (Buy S/T)
7. (23:34) Elliott Smith - Say Yes (Buy Either/Or)
8. (25:48) Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Buy Plans)
9. (28:58) Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All (Buy And Then Nothing Turns Itself Inside Out)
10. (33:35) Radiohead - True Love Waits (Buy I Might Be Wrong)
11. (38:42) Teenage Fanclub - Your Love Is The Place Where I Come From (Buy Songs From Northern Britain)
12. (42:10) The Magnetic Fields - It's Only Time (Buy I)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home